You can download the APUO News Digest October 18, 2018 here.
The 2016-2018 Collective Agreement text is now online. Click here to go to the Collective Agreement page.
REGULAR GENERAL MEETING
Association of Professors of the University of Ottawa
Monday, October 17, 2016
Desmarais Building, Room 12102
sandwiches and dessert will be served from 12:00 to 12:30
- approval of the agenda
- minutes of previous meetings
- matters arising from the minutes
- president’s report
- secretary-treasurer’s report
- presentation by Judy Bates and Mark Rosenfeld, respectively President and Executive Director of the Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Association (OCUFA), on the challenges that university faculty are facing in the current higher education environment and responses to those challenges.
- presentation by Paul Jones, Education Officer of the Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT) on online education and intellectual property
- other business
To all APUO members,
Workshops exclusively for professors who are members of their Department/School Teaching Personnel Committee were presented jointly between the APUO and the Employer on September 14 and 15, 2016.
The objective of these workshops was to emphasize the links between the collective agreement and the review process of dossiers, promotion and/or tenure, contract renewal and academic leave. The workshops focused on the role and responsibilities of the Department/School Chair, of the DTPC/STPC, as well as highlight concrete means to help committee members meet their responsibilities.
You can download a copy of the presentation here.