The Association of Professors of the University of Ottawa (APUO) is the union which represents University of Ottawa professors, language teachers, professional librarians and counsellors. Some 1250 APUO members contribute to the Student Award program, first established in 1972. The members’ contributions fund approximately 90 awards of $1,250 each.
PURPOSE OF THE FUND
The purpose of this fund is to support a student who demonstrates financial need and academic merit. The initial screening will be made on the basis of financial need and on the basis of academic merit. There will be recipients from each faculty based on student enrollment.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student,
- must have completed one year of university or equivalent,
- be registered as a full-time student in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of an undergraduate program, or in a graduate program at the University of Ottawa,
- demonstrate financial need,
- demonstrate good academic standing, and
- indicate an intention to continue full-time studies at the University of Ottawa in the winter term following the application.
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
- a non-official copy of the applicant’s University of Ottawa transcript,
- current financial questionnaire, and
- a letter indicating the intention to continue full-time studies in the winter term following the application.
The selection committee will comprise:
1. the President of the APUO or his/her delegate, and
2. a professor from each faculty of the University of Ottawa
The Financial Aid and Awards Service will:
1. verify that the recipient is in good standing.
2. confirm the granting of this award in writing to the recipient, and
3. arrange to have the amount credited to the recipient’s University account
170 Waller St. S., Ottawa, ON K1N 9B9
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: The application deadline for the 2020-2021 academic year is OCTOBER 31, 2020.